Ramsey County Polish Catholic Churches/Cemeteries

St. Paul

PGS-MN Newsletter Article

(You will need to scroll down to the page indicated to find the article within the newsletter link)

newsletterpagetitle/author
Spring 19945Polish Catholic Churches in Minnesota
Part 1: Polish Catholic Churches in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis
by Paul Kulas

Some other Catholic churches which Poles attended in smaller numbers are only mentioned in the article. They include: St. John’s (1886), St. James (1887), St. Columba (1914), Maternity of the Blessed Virgin (1949), Transfiguration in Oakdale (1939), St. Jerome’sin Maplewood (1941), St. John Vianney in South St. Paul (1946), and Presentation in Maplewood (1946).


St. Stanislaus Kostka Church (founded in 1872)

398 Superior St. 
St. Paul, MN 55102
651-292-0303

This was initially a Polish and Czech church, but eventually became primarily a Czech church. The Poles then built St. Adalbert.


St Adalbert Church (founded in 1881)

265 Charles Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55103

Pioneer members were said to be immigrants from the three partitions of Poland. This church was considered to be “the Mother Church of all the Polish Catholic churches in the St. Paul area.”

Today, the church serves a large Vietnamese population. 

St. Adalbert Church Book/Booklets

  • Centennial Celebration, 1881-1981, Church of St Adalbert
  • In Retrospect…. Church of St. Adalbert’s (from 1950s)
  • 1881-1956 Seventy-fifth Diamond Jubilee Anniversary, St Adalbert’s Church
  • The History of the Church St. Adalbert’s by Marcilla Rosenthal, 1920

All are available in the Polish section of the Hoffman Research Library at the Minnesota Genealogical Society.

PGS-MN Newsletter Article

(You will need to scroll down to the page indicated to find the article within the newsletter link)

newsletterpageTItle/Author
Spring 199511First Parishioners of Saint Adalbert’s Church
by Paul Kulas

St Casimir Church (dedicated in 1892) 

934 Geranium Ave. E.
St. Paul, MN 55106
651-774-0365

St. Casimir was the second Polish Church in St. Paul. Members were from Silesia, Poznan, Galicia, Pomerania, and Congress of Poland.

St. Casimir Church Books/Booklets

St. Casimir Catholic Church, 1892-1992- St. Paul
History of the Parish (St. Casimir Church, St. Paul) – 1940s

Available in the Polish section of the Hoffman Research Library at the Minnesota Genealogy Center:

Article about St. Casimir Church

Titleauthor/publishercomments
St. Casimir’s Church And Its 100-Year Journey of FaithRamsey County History Magazine
Volume 27, No. 3, Fall 1992
Article is here on page 27

PGS-MN Newsletter Article

(You will need to scroll down to the page indicated to find the article within the newsletter link)

newsletterpagetitle/author
Winter 199410Pioneer Members of St. Casimir’s Church
by Paul Kulas

New Brighton

St John the Baptist Catholic Church (established in 1907)

835 2nd Ave NW
New Brighton, MN 55112
651-633-8333

  • Formed by Poles who broke off from St. Adelbert’s Church in St. Paul.
  • The first Polish Priest started serving the parish in 1902.
  • The church was originally a basement building.


St. John the Baptist Cemetery

Between 7th St NW and 11th Ave. NW 
New Brighton, MN 55112


Calvary Cemetery (founded in 1856)

753 Front Ave
St. Paul, MN 55103

The Catholic Cemeteries

A separate corporation that manages five Catholic cemeteries in the metro area.

2105 Lexington Ave. S.
Mendota Heights, MN 55120

Fort Snelling National Cemetery

7601 34th Ave. S.
Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MN, 55450

Some Polish veterans and their spouses may be buried in this cemetery.