Swift County Polish Catholic Churches/Cemeteries
St. Joseph’s Church (Built in 1889)
(No picture available)
- Polish was used in church services until 1936
- The church was moved to Holloway in 1944
- Around 1992 the church closed in Holloway
- Consolidated with Saint John Catholic Church in Appleton, MN
- St. John’s is now the custodian and maintains the cemetery grounds.
St. Joseph’s Church Book/Booklet
St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, Holloway, Minnesota: Celebration 100 Years 1887-1987
Galion, Ohio: United Church Directories 1987
Available in the Hoffman Research Library at the Minnesota Genealogy Center.
LDS Family History Center Films
Saint Joseph’s Church baptism, marriage, death records (film# 1710900) are on permanent loan at the LDS Family History Center in Crystal. The phone number for the center is 763-544-2479.
PSG-MN Newsletter Article
(You will need to scroll down to the page indicated to find the article within the newsletter link)
|Fall 1997||8||Polish Catholic Churches in Minnesota: Part 2 – Polish Catholic Churches in the Diocese of New UIm (continued)|
– Churches in the Northwest Part of the Diocese
by Paul Kulas
(St. Joseph’s Church is included in the article)
St. Joseph’s Cemetery
Five miles south of Holloway: 100th St. SW and 150th St. NW
The original St. Joseph’s Church was located here also.
This stone is a memorial to the church on the grounds of the cemetery.
It marks the original site of the church.